Apply for Housing
Learn more
Reports and FInancials
Learn more
Landlord & Resident Portal
Learn more
Forms and Documents
Learn more

Reasonable Accommodation

The Fair Housing Act’s protection against disability discrimination covers not only tenants and home seekers with disabilities but also buyers and renters without disabilities who live or are associated with individuals with disabilities. The Act also prohibits housing providers from refusing residency to persons with disabilities, or placing conditions on their residency, because they require reasonable accommodations. 

What is a reasonable accommodation?

A reasonable accommodation is a change, adaptation or modification to a policy, program, service, or workplace which will allow a qualified person with a disability to participate fully in a program, take advantage of a service, or perform a job. Reasonable accommodations may include, for example, those which are necessary in order for the person with a disability to use and enjoy a dwelling, including public and common use spaces. Since persons with disabilities may have special needs due to their disabilities, in some cases, simply treating them exactly the same as others may not ensure that they have an equal opportunity to use and enjoy a dwelling.

In order to show that a requested accommodation may be necessary, there must be an identifiable relationship, or nexus, between the requested accommodation and the individual's disability. Whether a particular accommodation is reasonable depends on a variety of factors and must be decided on a case-by-case basis.   

When should an individual request an accommodation?

An individual with a disability should request an accommodation as soon as it appears that the accommodation is needed. However, requests may be made at any time. For example, requests may be made when an individual is applying for housing, entering into a lease, or occupying housing. Individuals who become disabled during their tenancy may request accommodations, even if they were not disabled when they signed their leases.

FAQs answered by HUD:  Click this link for the HUD FAQ page  

Please contact the Reasonable Accommodations Manager
if you require further information.

Riverside Office (Property Management)
995 Riverside Street Ventura, CA 93001
Phone: (805) 648-5008
Fax: (805) 643-7984

Snapdragon Office (Section 8/HCV)
11122 Snapdragon Street Suite 100, Ventura CA 93004
Phone: (805) 647-5990
Fax: (805) 647-4691 

Reasonable Accommodations Manager
Kristan Adams 
Phone: (805) 626-5621

The following documents are provided as a method to help you make your request for an accommodation
Doc app

Document Center

The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.

Categories always sorted by seq (sub-categories sorted within each category)
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category

DOCUMENTS12 documents

  • Your Right to an Interpreter
    document seq 0.00
  • Language Assistance Plan for HACSB
    document seq 0.00
  • 5380 VAWA Rights 2017 English
    document seq 0.00
  • 5380 VAWA Rights 2017 Spanish
    document seq 0.00
  • HUD FORM 5382eng
    document seq 0.00
  • HUD FORM 5382spa
    document seq 0.00
  • Disability Verification Form
    document seq 0.00
    Disability Verification Form
  • Live-in Aide Application and Consent Form 4.24.pdf
    document seq 0.00
  • Request for Assistance Animal Packet 4.24.pdf
    document seq 0.00
  • Request and Verification for General Accommodation or Modification 4.24.pdf
    document seq 0.00
  • Live-in Aide Request Form and Verification 4.24.pdf
    document seq 0.00
    document seq 0.00