Public Housing Application Information Pre-Applications are accepted from all apparently eligible individuals.
The ESTIMATED waiting time ranges from 8 to 10 years. Before receiving assistance, all applicants are interviewed in order to establish their eligibility.
The PHA will require, of all applicants:
- A criminal background investigation, both local and nationwide.
- A credit report inquiry (if necessary).
- Official verification of residency.
- Minimum of a five year rental history.
Applicants qualify by:
- Income Limits
- Family Composition (families, senior citizens 62+, and disabled/handicapped have priority over single individuals not meeting the above criteria)
- Acceptable residency history
- Proof of Residency or Employment in the City of Ventura
- Proof of legal residency status
Applications are processed and ranked by date and time received. If you are interested in applying, or have any questions regarding our application procedure, please contact our office for further information.
Click Here to view the Program Descriptions.
Other Required Documents
- Birth Certificates for all family members.
- Social Security Card for all family members.
- Driver’s License or ID Card for all family members 18 yrs. of age or older.
- Completed Declaration of Eligibility for Assisted Housing (214 Form) for each family member.
- Copy of Alien Registration Card (front and back) if applicable.
- Authorization for Release of Information signed by all family members 18 yrs. of age and older.
- Authorization form to Obtain Records signed by all family members 18 yrs. of age and older.
- Current proof of residency (lease, utility bill, income verification, driver’s license, ID, or bank statement).
- Current income verification.