Casitas Dam Flood
In case of Flood from Casitas Dam and or any major disaster and you are outside:
- Prepare to self-evacuate. Know in advance where and how to seek higher ground.
- Avoid walking or driving through flood water.
- If car stalls, abandon it immediately and climb to higher ground.
- If an extremely strong earthquake occurs, immediately seek higher ground.
- Listen for sirens and follow instructions.
If you are indoors:
- Be ready to evacuate as directed by the designated official.
- Time permitting, move vital material and equipment to higher ground.
Evacuation Routes South of Shell Road South of Shell Road, if instructed to evacuate by car, use route matching your neighborhood by color.
- Blue Zone Use Olive Street, South to West Main Street, East to Garden Street, South to Thompson Blvd East. Go to Anacapa Middle School
- Green Zone Use Stanley Avenue to southbound Highway 33 to Highway 101 East. Go to Ventura High School. If Highway 33 is closed, go South on Olive Street or Ventura Avenue.
- Yellow Zone Use Ventura Avenue South to East Santa Clara Street East. Go to Buena High School.
- Purple Zone Use Cedar Street South to Poli Street East. Go to Balboa Middle School. (East Main Street is reserved for emergency vehicles only.)