- Only use a flashlight for emergency lighting.
- Never use candles.
- Turn off electrical equipment you were using when the power went out.
- Avoid opening the refrigerator and freezer.
- Do not run a generator inside a home or garage.
- If you use a generator, connect the equipment you want to power directly to the outlets on the generator.
- Do not connect a generator to a home's electrical system.
- Listen to local radio and television for updated information.
Recommended Equipment List
- Portable radio
- At least one gallon of water.
- A small supply of food.
- Due to the extreme risk of fire, do not use candles during a power outage.